Visit 'Our LBL Page' to sponsor us!

Friday 11 February 2011

Day 4 - a chicken free day!

Porridge for breakfast with a cup of coffee, as ever.  Seriously starting to consider mixing the two just to get some flavour into the porridge!

Lunch today was great though - a nice bowl of pumpkin soup (with a bit of a kick from the chilli!).  The flavour of this (not chicken!) really put a smile on my face, plus as an added bonus I had some pumpkin seeds to add texture to it - keep the seeds from the pumpkin when preparing it for making soup, toss them in a pan and dry fry them until they're brown and toasted, or alternatively chuck em in the oven for a short while if you're already cooking something in there.

Luckily I was so busy at work that I didn't have time to feel hungry, but unusually I left on time and by the time I got home hunger was really striking, and obviously I had to wait for a couple of hours before I could make my dinner (fried rice - egg, pepper, veg, carrot, onion NO CHICKEN!).

The exhaustion is still hitting. Imagine living on less than this per day because you've got to pay for all the other things, there's no way to get enough food into yourself to give yourself the fuel you need to be able to get through the day, or at least be useful an able to work effectively for the day.  It's not possible, and it's not just that 1.4 billion people have to face these trials every day.

By the way if you haven't sponsored us yet - you still can at http://bit.ly/eLwdAu.  Thanks to everyone who has so far - we're approaching the half way mark to our target now!

No comments:

Post a Comment