Visit 'Our LBL Page' to sponsor us!

Thursday 10 February 2011

Day 2

Felt slightly better today as in didn't wake up hungry. Had porridge again for breakfast with water to drink about 11am. Think today may get better than yesterday.

Lunch
Went to a friends house for a couple of hours which was a lot of fun until she asked if I minded if she had lunch but I was welcome to stay. Not wanting to eat mine until later I stayed and sipped on a tap water while she ate fried rice which smelled really good. She did feel guilty and kept apologising though.
Headed home about 3pm for lunch. The distraction if a friend worked well as didn't really start to feel really hungry until the bus journey back. Distractions are good!! Had chicken soup which was really tasty.





Dinner
Had my banana about 6pm while waiting for Guy to get home so we can make dinner.
He didn't get home to late thank goodness as getting hungry now. Much to my joy we discovered that we decided that the chicken soup had needed to give us 2 meals each but there was a lot more so we were able to have a stater of chicken soup followed by 1 and half stuffed peppers each filled with rice, veg and chopped up chicken wings.
For the first time in this challenge I was able to eat at my normal slow pace opposed to wolfing it down which meant I was full and was still full at bedtime. Although watching a film on tv in which the adverts were mainly for chocolate was not fun.




I cannot believe we allow 1.4 billion people live like this. These people are wondering on daily basis if they will get food at all because they have to make their money stretch for everything from food to medicine and here's me doing this challenge for five days and I'm moaning about not being able to have a chocolate bar or a glass of orange juice. It doesn't make you feel too good and I hope to raise as much awareness as possible doing this.
Roll on day 3.


-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment